- March 2010- Present Centro de Astrobiología (CSIC-INTA), Madrid, Spain. Senior Research Scientist
- January 2010 – March 2010 Laboratory of the Atmosphere and Climate, Toledo, Spain. Senior Research Scientist
- September 2009 –Dec 2009 California Institute of Technology (CalTech), Pasadena, CA. Associate Research Scientist & Lunar and Planetary Institute, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ. Senior Research Scientist
- May 2005 – Present: Member of the Virtual Planetary Laboratory (VPL) of the NASA Astrobiology Institute. Project Investigator of the VPL Climate and Radiative Transfer Models
- Jun 2008 – July 2009: Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Pasadena, CA . Senior Staff
- Mar 2005– May 2008: Jet Propulsion Laboratory External Consultant Contractor
- Feb 2002– May 2008: AS&M, Inc. at NASA/Langley Research Center, Hampton, VA. Senior Research Scientist
- Feb 2000– Jan 2002: Institut für Meteorologie und Klimaforschung and Universität Karlsruhe, Karlsruhe, Germany. European Space Agency External Research Fellow for Earth Sciences (ESA External Fellowship for Earth Sciences)
- Jan. 1996– Jan 2000: Institute of Astrophysics of Andalusia (IAA), Granada, Spain and Department of Atmospheric, Oceanic and Planetary Physics, Oxford University, Oxford, United Kingdom Spanish Government Research Fellowship
- May 1995– Dec. 1995: Institute of Astrophysics of Andalusia (IAA), Granada, Spain. IAA Research Contract
Current Visiting Positions
- California Institute of Technology (CalTech) Visitor in Planetary Science at the Geophysics and Planetary .Science Department. Since January 2010. Sponsor: Prof. Yuk Yung
- University of California Los Angeles (UCLA) Visiting Research Scientist. Since September 2008. Sponsor: Prof. Kuo-Nan Liou Member of JIFFRESE
- Laboratory of the Atmosphere and Climate (CSIC-JCCM) Toledo, Spain. Since March 2010. Sponsor: Alfonso Saiz-López
- Ph. D. Physics, University of Granada, Granada, Spain 1999 (“Honors”, Sobresaliente Cum Laude)
- B. S. Theoretical Physics, University of Granada, Granada, Spain 1994
- AS&M at NASA/Langley Special Award 2005, 2006, 2007
- NASA Achievement Award as part of the Space Shuttle Columbia Investigation Team, Hampton , VA 2004
- NASA/Langley Group Achievement award as part of the SABER experiment Team, Hampton, VA, August 2003
- NASA/Langley Award for "Outstanding contributions to Space Shuttle Columbia Investigation Team", Hampton, VA 2003
- Special Achievement Award for "authoring or co-authoring over 25 articles 2001 and/or presentations during 2002. His technical contributions are helping to shape the direction of NASA's research in atmospheric modelling in the Far-Infrared region", Hampton, VA.
- Science Secretary on Modeling and Experimental work in Planetology for the Division of Planetary Sciences at the European Goesciences Union
- Member of the UV/Vis+ Spectra Data Base Scientific Advisory Group
- Invited Editor of the Journal of Quantitative Spectroscopy and Radiative Transfer. (April 2008 Special Issue: "Spectroscopy and Radiative Transfer in Planetary Atmospheres").
- Occasional reviewer of manuscripts for the JGR-Atmospheres, JGR-Planets and JGR-Space Physics, GRL, Icarus, JQSRT and proposals for funding agencies.
- Lecturer in 2 Graduate Courses at California Institute of Technology (Division of Geological and Planetary Sciences) Convener of the session “Spectroscopy and Radiative Transfer in Planetary Atmospheres” at the European Geophysical Union Meetings in 2006, 2007 2008 and 2009 in Vienna, Austria .
- More than 75 refereed international publications
- More than 150 presentations